A $21,000 scholarship to talented students worldwide!
As a school we recognize the importance of focusing on finding excellent students, and
helping them achieve excellence in their lives through study, sport, extracurricular activities and
community service. We recognize there are some very special individuals around the world that have
the ability to change the world but often they don’t have access to the education that can make a
profound difference in their lives. Balboa School offers scholarship to the talented students worldwide.
For more information: Call (760) 294-4490
Recommended Cumulative GPA minimum of 3.7 on last 3 years of school records
- Freshman – Juniors only
- 2 letters of recommendation from previous teachers (one from an English teacher and one from
- Community contribution and/or awards that reflects either: diversity, creativity, mastery,
innovation/originality, and/or high academic standards
- The ability to show academic excellence in home country (through school study/ through student
ranking/ through principal recommendations/ through middle or high school test ranking or by
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Interview with Executive Director or President
- Suggested Minimum TOEFL or IELTS (SLATE, TOEFL Interview or Oral interview may be
CRITERIA FOR MAINTAINING STATUS:
- Cumulative GPA minimum of 3.5
- Must maintain 10 hours of community service each semester
- Must lead at least one student club
- Letter of recommendation from a minimum of (2) Balboa teaching staff
- Fill out the online application, on the tab below or fill out a paper application.
- Indicate on the application (where applicable) that the student is applying for the Change a Life Scholarship.
- In addition to all standard procedures, the student will have a personal Interview with the CEO or Executive Director of Balboa School.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will vote on candidates with the majority prevailing.